Y asked in Food & DrinkOther - Food & Drink · 1 month ago

Is it possible to have online groceries cheaper than supermarkets?

• It is - Amazon Fresh is pretty cheap. What it takes is to have the online purveyor NOT also have a retail brick & mortar store. Then there are none of those operational expenses so it can counteract the cost of delivery. 

• denise

Yes, if you get a few of their special offers,  you have to consider the delivery charge though.

Not likely in the long run.

On line Groceries 2 - 3 times were worse,`hey raped me out of delays and kindness which a seller must not have it if wanted to show a heallthy one!I love them before,I idot was for!but they turn to killed birds next,don,t hurt them better...

No, they will cost more with the delivery charges.

Not likely in the long run.  Theoretically, most stores sell the delivery products for the same price as instore.  However, most stores charge a delivery fee and if you tip like you should, you'll never really get it cheaper than in the store. So technically you're either paying the fees for delivery or you're paying for the gas and the time to go yourself.  So it's just depends on what you value.  your time or saving a few dollars.  I say not in the long run because some stores do offer free delivery promos but those are usually limited to one or two deliveries, just to get you in the door so to speak. 

It depends on how you shop.  You need more money upfront to buy in bulk from wholesalers but you save money per unit compared to the grocery store including the shipping fees.  I buy staples like canned tomatoes, rice, flour and olive oil this way.

• P

Bulk packed groceries with a long shelf life that can be shipped in a basic cardboard box will be cheaper than a supermarket.    Otherwise there's still a ton of cost in pulling grocery orders, packing (dry ice insulated bags etc) and shipping grocery orders.   Unlike a lot of retail products there's not much margin on groceries to absorb picking\delivery costs compared to just letting people get it themselves.

If that is what grocery stores want then it will be.  I don't see how or why corporate execs who determine those things would make that so since it doesn't affect them and only affects the employees at the store but stranger things have happened... just look at free delivery.