Will tinmitus go away on its own?

Will the mild buzz in right my ear go away on its own?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

Sometimes it might, but it can be persistent.

• CB
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

No, and it fuking sucks, I worked around a large air compressor at a Monkey ward auto shop for years, rode motorcycles without earplugs for years, shot a lot of weapons without sound protection for years. F-d myself up for the most part. 

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

I hate to be a downer, but that's how mine started . . . occasional noise in one ear . . . then the other . . . then more often . . . . then louder.  Now both ears all the time . . . . distracting unless I keep the background noise higher:  radio, tv, music.  Had my ears cleaned,  cut-out caffeine,  cut-out aspirin, stopped smoking:  all to no, zero effect.  I don't think the gunfire in the Army helped, but the problem didn't start until I was out of the service for 6 years.......maybe those dynamite Koss headphones I got for my stereo??

• kswck2
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Depends on what caused it. If say from a loud concert, a few days. If from say prolonged exposure to a very loud noise like construction equipment, then no.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

Nope. You're stuck with it. You can prevent it from getting worse by limiting exposure to loud noise, but it won't go away. You just have to learn to manage it. I have to sleep with a fan running at night to drown out the whine in my ears.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.