Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkNon-Alcoholic Drinks · 1 month ago

Why do so many people need to poop when they drink coffee?

I can't even think "I want to drink coffee", without needed to go no2 in the bathroom. and I only drink the light milky cappuccino coffee stuff, not strong coffee. 🤣

For some reason It does not happens when I drink other caffeine beverage such coca-cola or energy drinks.

I meant I do not drink the heavy roasted coffee sorts (i.e espresso) , but the ones mixed up with milk/cream such as CAPPUCCINO and LATTE - as in they have LESS CAFFEINE. -_-

My mother has the same issue when she drink roasted brewed coffee, so I doubt it's caused from the caffeine.

• CB
    Favorite Answer

WOW crazy idea - google "why does coffee make you poop"

Read the details in the link provided for your HEALTH related question."While caffeine is a great energy booster, it may also stimulate the urge to poop. Several studies have shown that it can activate contractions in your colon and intestinal muscles ( 4 , 5 ). Contractions in the colon push contents towards the rectum, which is the final section of your digestive tract."

• Coffee beans are a natural laxative.

Because there's no mug that says "light milky cappuccino coffee stuff makes me poop." Make a coffee 5:1 grounds to water as opposed to the brown water 1:1 most cheap restaurants make and you'll see lettuce in the toilet when you haven't had lettuce in 3 months.., think about it...

• donnie

I guess the caffeine