Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkBeer, Wine & Spirits · 1 month ago

bars and pubs bottle of beer going up?

what the hell some citys and small towns going out for a beer at a pub or bar use to be $ 7 dolllars and a tip too and now going up 3 more dollars and a tip ....no freaking way

Much like those in a restaurant, bar employees typically earn a very low hourly wage, 

under the assumption people aren't complete cheapskates when it comes to tipping. 

If doing so bothers you this much, drink at home, just don't whine like a baby when your 

local watering hole closes. I often disagree with kswck2, yet he's got valid points here.

ps: The plural form of city is cities.

Source(s): My extensive work history includes being a busboy in a cafe, server in a restaurant, assistant in a bar, selling pop and food at baseball games.
  • kswck2

One tips a bartender for his service. And your tip may well Increase when the bar gets crowded, so You get preferential treatment. And even with COIVD, where most bars have seen their customers dwindle, they will have their set expenses. 

In my local bar, I tipped them quite well. So they Knew me and my wife. And I enjoyed knowing that my wife could go in there without me, and not get hassled-any other patrons or bartenders would throw out the problem. So it does pay to tip. 

Covid-19 means most bars have seen business fall off a cliff this year. 

But they still have to pay for all of their fixed costs. 

They can only stay in business by getting rid of as many staff as they can and by charging more for their products and services.

If you don’t like it then stay at home, drink alone, and don’t complain when you suddenly find that there’s almost nowhere left to go to for a drink when this pandemic is finally under control.

• Goerge

Oh my gosh, no way!!! You mean supply and demand is still a part of business? You trying to tell me that demand is way down along with supply and they are responding accordingly? You would think there is some sort of plague affecting their business. WEIRD! Trump said we're rounding a corner. His 60 minutes interview had him telling me our economy is the strongest ever. And we both know that politicians never lies. Please keep us updated on this groundbreaking discovery you have made for the benefit of all humanity. Thank you so much!

• Robert

Ok  Stay home and have a beer and don't expose yourself to high prices or the Chinese weaponized flu