Good ideas to buy a caravan?

I am actually thinking about renting a new property due to a new job at a new location.

However, would it be smarter to just buy a Cheap caravan temporarily, until I have saved up for a mortgage. Like this I can save up my 4 months wage to one side, instead of paying 500 pounds a week 

Any idea where I can park my caravan

It's only going to work if there is some place where you can park the caravan year round, with minimal costs. Since it's fairly obvious you're not in the USA, there's no way to help you find those places, if they exist at all. 

It's an idea, and the idea has some merit--it would be a lot cheaper to live in a caravan than an apartment or house. But don't forget a couple expenses you may not have considered:  insurance, and utilities. Even if you find a cheap parking area, how are you going to get your water, gas, and electricity? You can't steal them from someone else's home--and you will probably have to pay some fee to have them even in a park. (Not sure if the UK does this.)  And you'll want to have insurance on it--in case a fire or high winds or flood happen and damage your living space. 

My idea is it might be more expensive to rent some actual home, but you also might find it's LESS expensive if you get a room-mate or flat-mate.  And you wouldn't have to move all the time, store the caravan, or be caught on someone else's property where you should not belong. 

You will need to do some research.  There are some sites open all year round.  Some are for Caravan Club members only (so you would have to find out how to join).  There may also be restrictions as to how long you are allowed to stay in one place.

https://www.campsites.co.uk/search/all-year-round-...

• Maxi

You can't park and live in a caravan in the UK, even caravan parks are only open to live at for 10 months of the year and are second home holiday parks...... there are VERY few resident mobile home parks in the UK that are registered to live in and those you have to purchase a new mobile residential home from the park owners and also pay ground rent

• Tavy

Campsites in the UK are for holidays. you won't find anywhere that will let you park it there permanently. If you google Irish travellers you will see they are moved on in every County.

I assume you mean a static caravan? Parks don't like people living in them for long if it's intended for holidays and they don't like old caravans on their parks lowering the tone. If you want cheap living for the short term then rent a bedsit, they don't usually cost £500 a week unless it's right in the centre of London. I've heard of people living in static caravans permanently but they are usually sites for over 55's or yes, councils have reluctantly let gypsies stay on some wasteland. If you work in an expensive part where it is £500 a week then do what the rest do and commute.

A campsite. 

Seriously, there are few second hand caravans about this year, and if it's cheap, its unlikely to have enough insulation to keep the cold at bay (even with in-board heating) .

Without good hygiene or a good night's sleep (because of living in a cold van that has no running water) you are apt to lose your new job, so your plan is no good.