Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsDogs · 1 month ago

Which dogs are better female or male?

• "Which dogs are better female or male?"

You've had FIVE DAYS to answer the folk who asked YOU to state YOUR idea of "Better FOR what?/Better AT what?"

I detest that you hide your self-chosen avatar & username name behind the [Anonymous] - it means that the person is a secretive coward - and usually also means that the person is a troll.

If this is your first Question in Y!A, please:

★ Click the [Edit] under your too-short question, then

★ click the [Add Update] that will appear, followed by

★ typing the missing information into the clear space that will appear.

Meantime, while waiting for that information:

The BREED as well as the GENDER and the FUNCTION are absolutely crucial for my adult preference.

As a pre-teen boy living 10 miles from the only boy & girl my age at our remote country school, I had no choice - my grandmother sent me home after the summer holidays (my father managed a dairy factory, so he & Mum were both needed to work in it during the summer months) in 1949-50 with what would nowadays be called a male "Focker" - Fox Terrier x hunting Cocker Spaniel cross. He lived maybe 2 weeks before dying of Distemper before any vaccinations were available in my part of the world. A year later she again sent me home with a male "Focker" - but he was VACCINATED and suited me well, he having inherited the "Try Anything" dare deviltry from the Fox Terrier and the flattering "Wanna be NEAR you" from the Cocker Spaniel.

While at boarding school, teachers college & university plus the following 7 years as a bachelor-&-teacher I kept no dogs.

But my 1967 bride demanded a GSD (German Shepherd Dog) as her "bride price", and I played along with that - she chose a male, as do more than half the girls & women who choose their own pooch. We named him "Caesar", and: https://lesp90.wixsite.com/lorelei-gsd-kennels/cae... tells you a bit about him. The ancestral sheepdogs would have been proud of him! (At obedience training he could never understand why the Bull Terrier that stayed for only 3 Sundays didn't WANT to play with him after the class finished.)

Since then, ONLY GSDs have met my requirements for character, personality, trainability (although my wife did get the "pip" with the local GSD breeders and sought a different breed - she ended up with a Cairn Terrier, but rehomed it inside 2 years, returned to GSDs, and became a Championship Show judge).

Although I did keep some males over the years, breeding became my passion, and only once did I have more than a ¼-acre property for pooches plus family, so BITCHES are essential. In chronological order by gender, I bought these fully-registered GSDs:

👩B: Zacki, Jena, Rella, Missy, Falka, Rana, imported Kamee, Ebby, Gina, Lieschen, Landa. And then a long gap where I bred my own GSDs until my last home-bred died pupless in 2010 and I bought 2012's Bea. (= 12)

For some of the home-breds listed next I kept only some breeding rights, but most listed stayed with me:

👩B: Valkyr, Vogel, Hetze, Hexen, Nina, Pracht, Purdy, Teufel, Ciwa, Dina, Elfi, Evita, Juliette, Pippa, Nadja, Sekse, Cippa, Ciwa, Foxy, Nita, Oprah, Offa. (= 22)

🤴🏽D: Volker, Otto, Kass, Nordrak, Phal, Siegen, Jonny, Bertold, Graff, Peter, Sabel, Cwanto, Karl. (= 13)

Les the aged Kiwi - first pup in 1950, GSD trainer & breeder as of Easter 1968

Female dogs tend to be more aggressive while male dogs tend to be more stubborn

Female dogs tend to be easier to housebreak, easier to train, and more connected with their owners—but in certain circumstances they can be more demanding of attention. Aggression can be a problem in any dog of any breed, however it is usually more apparent in non-neutered males.

You've had THREE DAYS to answer the folk who asked YOU to state YOUR idea of "Better FOR what?/Better AT what?"

Kreaky Kiwi - first pup in 1950, GSD trainer & breeder as of Easter 1968

better for or at what exactly

I've learned from personal experience that neither is better than the other, as there's not much difference in personality between the two.

I wouldn't say either one is 'better' but I much prefer a female to a male.  No logical reason, I guess, I just prefer females.  Lots of people like or choose males cause they can't get pregnant & then don't bother to neuter the male they get.

I have had several unique males but I still prefer a female.

• ?

Having owned both genders over the years, my answer is that its a personal choice of the potential dog owner and both genders have positive and negative traits. For example:

Females come into heat every 6 months and are better off being spayed. 

Males can be a problem if left intact and females come on heat that are living nearby.

But apart from that, both genders make good companions and if `trained correctly` there is not a lot of difference between a male and female dog. 

Source(s): GSD owner for 57 years.UK

Better for what?

• ?

Although there are significant differences between male and female dogs, in some breeds (eg  males being bigger and perhaps more typical than their female equivalent), it would probably all come down to how you feel about either gender.   Our first two hounds were male but once I felt I wanted to breed something to take into the show ring myself rather than dogs others had bred, I bought our foundation b itch.   I have had favourites of each gender but I have tended to find the males more 'needy' than the females - in my main breed!

There is, in my opinion, no 'better'.