? asked in Society & CultureCommunity Service · 3 months ago

Where can i place my three children temporarily?

Im homeless and im trying very hard to get my life back on track..i was staying with a friend and she kicked me out because her boyfriend and i didnt get along. I had to quit my job and moved to Milwaukee with my three children. Im staying with my elderly mother in a small one bedroom and i hate encroaching on her space. But its very hard for me to find a job and care for my children. Especially with milwaukee public schools and most daycares being closed due to covid. I lovely my children very much and hate to even be asking this but is there a place i can send them until i get myself back on track here in Milwaukee..low income housing is not accepting applications and shelters are full. My mother cant babysit while i work due to her health issues and all of her on going doctors appointments. I dont want to lose my children but i need to get our lives back..i need help..please dont judge me im trying my very best.

• ?

Foster care and leave them there because you're not  worthy to be a parent.

Been in a similar situation without the COVID and I have no solution for you. But I can tell you to keep your head up and focus long term. 

Afilado presented a great solution if that's an option. Never lose faith.

Can Donald Trump give you a million dollars? I mean he has 11 million why couldn’t you ask him? 

• kswck2

Contact Social Services. Failing that any soup kitchen will have those resources or be able to direct you. 

Try the CASA in your city.

Casa Maria (1131 N. 21st St.) takes in single mothers and their children who are in need of housing. Website: http://casamariacatholicworker.weebly.com/

• L

Find another family member who may be able to help you for a while.....  Remember, your mother is NOT your only family.

Send them to their father/s, or ask their father/s to help out.

If you don't have relatives that can take them in and government sponsored day care is unavailable, the last option is foster parents.

https://dcf.wisconsin.gov/fostercare/parent

It's a temporary family until you can get yourself together.

Hiring a nanny of some sort is possible, but my guess, unless wrong, is that you are not a power earner than makes the cost worthwhile, and you don't even have the overall space where you're at to do it anyway.

Sending them to state group homes is typically not ideal.

One possible option is given the environment about gay couple adoption, where agencies generally avoid it even for foster care, you can legally allow a couple to care for your children without going through the state licensed foster care, if you choose it. Whether female or male is up to you, but it is a secret unused resource in society. I have to assume licensed state foster care is highly limited in availability also.

Your responsibility as a parent is to do what is best for your children. They need to be in a safe place with food and shelter and education. Any relative or friend that you can consider trustworthy can do it.

Can't you pay a babysitter or someone your mother trusts to let her be at home with the kids, as a temporary solution? Maybe some friend of your mother..