Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesBooks & Authors · 1 month ago

What are some books/movies in which the first one in the series is the best one in the series?

For example, I think that Twilight, the first one in the series, is the best one in the series, both book and movie.

• Jas B

I think the first film in these series was the best one; Naked Gun, Jurassic Park, Pirates of the Caribbean, Jason Bourne, Men in Black, Die Hard, Back to the Future and Lethal Weapon, 

yes definately the first Twilight was the best. I saw the first Thor movie and it was great (good humour) the second one was a mess. 

• Expat

When it comes to movies, basically every horror movie that ever went into sequels began with the best (and usually only good) movie. Books, that's more difficult because in a series there's continuation of the main story, more aspects and history of characters are revealed and by the end some kind of resolution of the overarching theme or struggle that runs through the series. However, Pillars of the Earth by Ken Follett was my favorite in the Kinghtsbridge Series (sequel was World Without End).