If humanity was put on trial by an advanced race of aliens, how would you defend humanity and argue for its continued existence?

11 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

I would say that we have a system where antisocial people become too powerful and dominate the way the world is run, causing everyone else's quality of life to diminish and basically making life hell for the rest of us, and that we don't deserve to be punished for the actions of that small number of people.

• 1 month ago

I'd need to know what the charges are first... and who the judge is, so I can send bribes to the correct alien. 

• 1 month ago

I will teach them how to speak human languages before arguing with them and then show them how part of humanity killing each others ,during the first and the second world wars and the proxy wars that spread over the globe, though human still keep on breading up to 6 billions till now. I am sure they would leave mankind on this earth with frightens and never return. 

• 1 month ago

I would plead insanity.

My bargain for continuing to allow our existence is that our sources of energy be taken away from us. Without energy to fuel our destructive urges, we are just harmless insane little primates.

Oh wait; just like Klaatu did for us in "The Day the Earth Stood Still" (remake version).

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

Considering what we humans have done, we would have to plead guilty. Maybe by reason of insanity. 

• Bill-M
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Would not have to worry about it.  Any Aliens coming to Earth would be subject to all our small virus's.  They would be dead in a few weeks.   Watch War of the Worlds Movie.

• 1 month ago

I don't think I would. We may have been quarantined to see if we will destroy ourselves or finally grow up as a diverse civilization. The Solar System may have been quarantined in 1948. Now the U.S. has an increasingly desperate and insane president. 

• Acetek
    Lv 4
    1 month ago

sorry but trump the orangeidiot has doomed us all 

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

I'd pray the aliens didn't submit this video as evidence

youtube    /watch?v=KQ-YjGmpO4Q

• 1 month ago

I would promise to keep the arguing among ourselves alive so we never leave this big rock.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.