Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingPregnancy · 1 month ago

I’m afraid I could be pregnant? 10 points ?

I had sexual interviurse with my boyfriend on Friday till Sunday about 5 times and had to take the ellaone pill on Sunday ... so I bought a load of pregnancy tests and one came out negative after like 10 mins. My period is due in a week. Shall I go to the doctor and get a blood test? Thanks 

It was stupid to use the pull out method but we were just in the moment and it was amazing but won’t be amazing if I’m having a baby!!!!! I’m really stressing and not eating.  I have a dissertation to do for university. Please don’t judge me , I don’t have much support right now and my friends aren’t exactly the nicest of people. I come from an Asian family so can’t discuss anything with them

You had five moments it sounds like. Each moment is worth two points, so that's a total of 10 points? 

You are too immature to be having sex if you are not responsible enough to use birth control or even have a clue about how to read or when to use a pregnancy test.

Dear God, I hope you are not pregnant!

If you already ovulated, Ellaone will do nothing.

A pregnancy test is not accurate until at least two weeks after conception.

A blood test will not show anything at this point.

Did the pregnancy test not tell you to wait until at least 2 weeks after having sex before testing? You have waited about 4 days.

• garry

wait and see , comes to mind .

How old are you?  

Blood test and the pregnancy test won't be accurate since it's too soon. 

But to ease your mind:sometimes it's not that easy to get pregnant so don't get all worried just yet. You said you took a pill. Did he *** inside you? If not then it's even less likely that you'll get pregnant.

"In the moment" doesn't apply in your case since you had sex 5 times over 3 days. If you don't want to get pregnant then have him wear a condom (Skyns are pretty good). Don't use pills since it will mess with your body. If you are ok with risk, then let him in for just a bit and then wear a condom to finish off.

• alan P

Ellaone is fairly effective but its not infallible.  As others have said pregnancy tests do not work until around 2 or 3 weeks.  If you don't get your period then don't panic because the emergency contraception may upset your cycle.  There's a good chance you have got away with this and now is the time to look at getting some proper birth control - pill, IUD, implant etc. The implant is exceptionally reliable. Discuss with your boyfriend what to do in future.  It might be best if he wears a condom as well if you want to be extra safe.

Just wait until your period is late before doing anything else at all.  A pregnancy test is NOT going to be accurate until the period is late.

It takes at least 12 to 14 days after conception to get a positive result and it could take as long as 21 days if ovulation happened several days after sex.  (sperm can live for five days and wait for the egg.  Conception can happen up to five days AFTER sex happened.)  

When it has been 21 days after the sex you are worried about - a pregnancy test WILL be accurate.

Don't waste your money (or the doctor's time) to go get a test at the doctor's office.  Even a doctor won't get a positive result if it hasn't been long enough.  

• helene

It's way too early for a pregnancy test of any kind.

At this point you might as well wait for your period.

• Eva

You weren't "in the moment" for 3 days.  You had plenty of time to go out and buy protection. It's too early to go for a blood test. If this is going to continue, take some responsibility and get on decent birth control.