Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicPolls & Surveys · 1 month ago

What do you do when you hate someone to be able to forgive?

I have a sister that I hate. I don’t want to hate her though

Favorite Answer

I take a moment to think about the things that I've done wrong. And knowing that God can forgive me, means that I can find a way in my heart to forgive that person. 

But it's not easy. If you're really struggling, I would suggest to give yourself a break. In other words, try not to obsess over that person. Every time you're about to think about them; just distract yourself with something else. Remember - it takes more energy to hate, than it does to love.

realize that we all make mistakes and it's better to love than to hate.

• Cathy

I try to understand them and their reason for acting as they do. It's hard to not dislike someone who just doesn't like you or is mean to you for no reason though. Asking God to help you forgive when you can't find it in you to do it sometimes helps.

I make a wax doll out of honeycomb and sculpture what I focus in my head. I then start inserting needles whilst chanting the Jewish exorcism rites

You have to want it from within.  You have to genuinely feel the forgiveness inside your heart and mind.  And it works if you are sincere in your forgiveness.  The alternative is the hate that will burn you from the inside out.  I have been wronged in my life, by family, by boyfriends, by employers.  I could easily be bitter and burned out before I'm 40.  Instead I figured out the concept of forgiveness.  It's a Christian concept but you don't have to be a Christian (I'm not) to utilize this tool. 

Makeup sex is good