Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Home & GardenOther - Home & Garden · 1 month ago

is my neighbour permitted to do DIY drilling at 7:30pm in the evening?

i live in a low rise block of flats, a 3rd story building,i live on the second floor...the neighbour on the other side of my bedroom wall, is doing loud DIY drilling...i think he is someone shady because i hear him playing that awful rap music sometimes...anyway he is being really noisy by drilling the wall itself it sounds like......i feel like banging on the wall with a hammer....as i don't have much tolerance of people, i am quite unsociable and unsocial.

ive lived in this flat 15 years now and this is a relatively new neighbour, so im finding it hard putting up with his antics/behaviour.....i hate rap, i hate him and do not like the noisy drilling he is doing at this time of the evening.

i'm male in my 40s, what can i do?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

7:30 is not late dude. After 10pm and it would be an issue.

• 1 month ago

7:30 pm is not late and he has ever right to use a drill at that time.  Your opinion of his musical taste has nothing to do with  it, neither does how long you have lived in you apartment.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Maybe he is putting together IKEA furniture.?

• 1 month ago

Most communities have a noise ordinance of 10pm to 8am, so although annoying it is permitted.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • G R
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Most communities have a noise ordinance of 10pm to 8am, so although annoying it is permitted.

• 1 month ago

in most communities, noise limitations do not begin until much later at night.  if you are a tenant [as "large block of flats" suggests], complain to the management company or letting agent.  They might just be interested in why the neighbour is drilling.  -- granddad

• Barry
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

Ask him when will his work be finished. If you get abuse complain to his landlord and/or the local authority.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.