Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 month ago

Why do liberals warn against population growth but want to bring in more immigrants into the United States?

Favorite Answer

Like the left in Europe, they are globalists. They do not give a shlt about Americans. They will always be behind walls and protected form the scourge they seek to infest us with. "We will tell you what is best for you" - Everyday Idiot Globalist

• Ron

People who are (rightly in my opinion) concerned about the expansion of the human race into critically large numbers that are unsupportable by our resource capacity aren't necessarily politically liberal. 

The idea of bringing in more immigration is two fold. One, supported by Republicans at least by their actions of hiring the undocumented, is that the capitalist system depends on constant growth, whereas the birthrate in first world countries is barely at replacements. 

The second idea is compassionate and humanitarian, in the sense that it is understandable why a person would seek a better life for themselves and their families in a country that offers relative stability and freedom.

Liberal logic is circular. They fight like hell for things they are opposed to. 

Why do Trumptards always say this? I don't think our platform is to find a way to bring more immigrants in. But, seeing as we are a country of immigrants, we as Democrats are for legal immigration. I don't like illegal immigration, but we need to fix some stuff, like parents being separated from their kids. 

they don't want to bring in more immigrants.

Maybe one day I'll learn why cons are usually wrong about everything 

Immigrants have already been born... I am ambivalent on 'more immigrants', but I do believe in mobility and that people who want to be here should have a fair shot at getting here.