Vela
Vela asked in Computers & InternetSoftware · 1 month ago

do you understand the Photoshop erase tool setting?

Unfortunately, at work I got the new photoshop.  My latest confusion concerns the Erase Tool.  It has a hard edge.  I want a soft edge. When I click to go to brushes there is no soft edge but there is a dodge wand.  Why??  Where's the soft edge brush and who the hell would want a dodge wand when they selected the erase tool? Someone at Adobe needs to be fired!

• Lv 7

did you adjust its hardness? if your hardness is already set to 0%, then check this out:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop/brush-era...

it's important to understand the medium you are working with, and its associated issues...

Have you posted this question on a photoshop forum? You might bet better answers there.

Select the erase tool, RIGHT click in the image to get edge preferences or 'hardness.'  Now, I will say I have an old Photoshop, (CS4) not the new, but in all Photoshop versions I've used, this is how you adjust the brush or tool settings.