Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw & Ethics · 1 month ago

Do you need proof for a restraining order?

My neighbors have been harrassing me for a while. I try to ignore them but they make me afraid to leave home. I have no evidence as I don't carry any cameras. Can I still apply for a restraining order?

To clarify I'm not trying to fake anything

These people curse at me and flick me off. They specifically wait for me to come home. They started harrassing me ever since I refused to be friends with their child. Two grown men (grandfather and father) are harrassing a 19 year old girl. I don't have body cams/ house cams so I have no proof when it happens.

Yes you need evidence, not just accusations.  I am willing to bet you have a phone with a camera.

Yes, you need proof to get a restraining order.

• xyzzy

You can apply for a restraining order but if it will be granted or not is another question.

• R R

OMG, a restraining order is a serious order by a judge.  Do not attempt to file a fake restraining order, that will get YOU in trouble.  The answer is yes, you need proof.