Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw & Ethics · 1 month ago

Conservatives: Do you support repealing the Humane Slaughter Act so that livestock can be killed in a gruesome manner?

and question #2: Would you support expanding the humane slaughter act to cover Poultry, (as current law only covers "livestock" better defined as Cows and Pigs.)

@mustagme: how would you feel if you were slaughtered in a painful way?  would that feel good?

Favorite Answer

This inhumane lunacy from the right merely gives all of us yet another reason to eat halal.  There are alternatives! 

Conservatives love to make every single purchase a political issue when things like this can be regulated with no increase in cost to the consumer.

I support deregulation of industry, and letting businesses decides what is best. To your second point, no.

Edit: you asked this to me already. This is not my concern. Regulations add cost, which gets passed down to the consumer. Right now, President Trump has made it a hallmark of his Presidency to cut regulations to the absolute bone. Let businesses decide what is best, and the free market will be the judge. Not the Federal Government.