Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social SciencePsychology · 1 month ago

How do you cope with dreaming about your happy days with departed loved ones and awakening to emptiness?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

I write the entire dream, and let months pass, and go back to read them and only then, it doesn’t hurt anymore, even better, it feels like an exciting adventure with them, as if they have never been gone and they’re just waiting for you in the next dream to reunite. 

Let the pain consume you, then It’ll pass away and you’ll be okay because you processed it.

• 1 month ago

Since Jesus said in John 10:34 we are all Gods then we must also have control over ourselvs . Like the old cartoons where a good angel sat on your right shoulder , and a bad angel sat on your left each trying to convince your chosen animal body to do what they wanted . And lets say your right angel is really your eternal true spiritual self who is actually trying very hard to get your body to become immortal for his sake .

• Audrey
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

That is very painful. I get out of bed very fast, turn on the tv, go to the kitchen and get coffee. Busy yourself so it makes you forget(as much as possible). Good luck.

• 1 month ago

All these 'psychological' replies! How about your loved ones are seeing how sad you are and are communicating with you to cheer you up by remembering the happy times? Many times they communicate in dreams. They're just trying to tell you they are watching over you. Nothing to feel empty about. Smile and thank them when you wake up. OR you can just tell them when you wake up, that the dreams are upsetting because you miss them. This will also work.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

I do not have emptiness...my kids are fine and we see them on holidays.

• 1 month ago

By understanding that everyone dies.

You need to live your life.

it is short.

• 1 month ago

The time will come when it's time to move on. Maybe it's come already. There's a great book - Authoritative Guide to Self-Help Resources for Mental Health. It's based on polls of more than 3,000 mental health professionals. The book recommended above all for grief and break-ups is How to Survive the Loss of a Love.

• Will
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

By not dreaming about it. Yeah, I know that's a douchey thing to say, but that's the truth. You don't need to move on and forget about them, but you can't dwell on their death and absence in your life. All you can do now is remember them. You need to move on in a sense that dwelling on it is only going to hold you back and keep you in this depressed state. If you don't move on and adapt, you will never be happy again. 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.