?
Lv 4
? asked in Business & FinanceSmall Business · 1 month ago

Do people who fill vending machines check the dates?

My friend and I bought 3 different items from a vending machine, and all 3 were long past the expiration date.  Don’t vendors check dates and remove old stuff from machines?

11 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

If you want any type of help then visit: http://tbilit.com/

• 1 month ago

Not all, but some vending machines are serviced by "fly by night" operators who buy out of code products at a discount and fill their machines with these. Others are in low volume areas and are refilled infrequently. A number of other reasons could apply here.

• Erik
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

I'm guessing they're supposed to, but some of them say screw it.  It's not like their boss is standing behind them while they do it.

• John
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

FIFO inventory - First in, First out, always with food. You always buy the oldest item in the machine. I doubt they even look at some of those more than twice a year.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

Dry goods (candy,  snacks) are good well past the expiration date. 

• 1 month ago

No.  You restock from the back to the front.    What is in there stays in there.  Unless there is a manufacturer recall that stuff stays in there until it is sold...EVEN IF the machine is moved to another location.

My advice is:

Avoid buying stuff from vending machines in remote locations or in un traveled locations and check the 'use by ' date if you MUST put your money in one of those things.

• Judy
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

usually,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

• y
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

If they do and they pull the expired crap, they are actually paying for it. Not the company, not the manufactures, but the guys that maintain that particular machine pay for the loss. During the tough times, would you rather be paying for vending machine crap or food for your kids dinner?

• 1 month ago

Apparently not.....

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

I seriously doubt it.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.