Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsBirds · 1 month ago

My friends were making my parrot racist?

Last night my friends and I were having a sleepover and we were playing truth or dare. I had to get up to go to the bathroom. I ended up having diarrhea (probably from all the soda I drank) and taking a lot longer in there than I had originally planned.

I was in there for maybe 20 minutes and I came back and I caught my friends saying phrases like "death to all jews", "blacks are c*nts" and "white people f*ck animals". They were saying these things over and over and over again to my parrot trying to get him to repeat these.

I didn't know if my parrot was affected at the time. But they left this morning and I was sitting in the living room watching Family Guy and drinking some coffee. Then my parrot screeched "WHITES ARE C*NTS". I mean, he mixed up the phrases my friends fed him but I'm still concerned. My parents are also really pissed about it and I don't know what to do! I can't sell the bird because it will have a difficult time finding a new owner and I have no idea how to erase these from his vocabulary. HELP!

Favorite Answer

Say "no" in a stern tone whenever he says a bad phrase. You can also try teaching him new phrases and rewarding him when he says them.