Aaron asked in HealthMental Health · 1 month ago

How to regain motivation to do college coursework?

Because of online classes associated with covid, I have fallen into a pit of depression and am unmotivated to do any of my coursework(I am normally an straight A student so this just makes me feel worse when i think about it). Any advice on how to regain motivation.

Right now I will sit at my computer for hours on end and do nothing. yesterday I "worked" for about 10 hours or so and finished one assignment that should have only taken 15 minutes or so. I don't even remember what I've done in the past. I desperately need to find motivation and finish these assignments.

For the most of my school life I was an A student. 

Honestly, you can only get done what you can only get done. 

I had no problem passing exams second, and even more times on some matters.... with good results! 

Homework is not worth dying over.

• edward

Straight A student and can’t determine when to use “a” v.s. “an”.   Riiiiight.  The way i look at it is...you have to do it eventually, may as well suffer through it now than fall behind it later.  The fools are passing you.  

Those who achieve greatness are the foolish who continue to press on, those who achieve nothing are the wise who know when to stop.

That depressing feeling you have is a sign you are not yet ready to give up on yourself.  Hold onto that

• Papa-G

How Can I Succeed at Distance Learning?

https://www.jw.org/en/bible-teachings/teenagers/as...

• Etta

We cant help you as only you can do that but when you are sitting doing nothing and your classmates are finishing off their work you are the one that will fall behind and fail the course when they graduate, your life your choice but do you want to be a failure?