Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Science & MathematicsMedicine · 1 month ago

Can I walk into a doctors office and ask for Adderall or Ritalin?

I am a student and I have been struggling a lot recently to stay focused and motivated on my classwork. Someone suggested to me that Adderall or Ritalin will help but I don't want to take drugs that aren't prescribed to me. 

Can I go to the doctor and say I am having a hard time focusing and staying motivated in class? and tell them that I want to be put on medication for it? And would being on some form of medication even help with lack of focus and motivation?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

Yes.  You can ask for a glass of water too

• Uri
    Lv 4
    1 month ago

It really depends on who the doctor is, some give away drugs easy like my doctor for example gives me whatever I want but I pay him you see, if your doctor tries to be a hardA$$ try bribe him if you think it'll work if not try changing doctors, NOTE older doctors are more easy on the idea of receiving a bribe.

• 1 month ago

Ask Joe Biden.............

• 1 month ago

Yes, you CAN but they won't give it to you without first doing an examination and determining that you could benefit from the one or the other.  There is this law thing that prohibits prescribing treatments to patients without good reason.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

You can ask.... the question would be if you'll get it.  Which I doubt.

Peace.

• Rick
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

sure, you can, but you won't get any without a medical exam thats finds a reason to .....................

• Etta
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

Unless you have ADHD doctor wont give it to you, he might give you a mild antidepressant

• Robert
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

You'd be an idiot taking medical advice from one of your buddies who also doesn't like to pay attention in class.  There are few doctors who don't believe Americans in general are over medicated and the younger people who have been told that they should never actually work for anything tend to shop for excuses when things are not easy for them.   Try paying attention for a week.  Keep your phone off...yes OFF in class.  Concentrate on even the boring crap they tend to teach, and force yourself to think about nothing else.  You might not need to be drugged. 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.