What does the Bible mean when it says "you are no of this world so the world will not love you"?

To his believers or his people. It says that in some verse I forgot.

Favorite Answer

During this last meeting with his faithful disciples before his death, Jesus gave a sobering warning: If a person is loved by God, he will be hated by the world. He declared: “If the world hates you, you know that it has hated me before it hated you. If you were part of the world, the world would be fond of what is its own. Now because you are no part of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, on this account the world hates you. Bear in mind the word I said to you, A slave is not greater than his master. If they have persecuted me, they will persecute you also; if they have observed my word, they will observe yours also.”—John 15:18-20.

Jesus gave this warning so that these 11 apostles and all true Christians after them would not be discouraged and give up because of the world’s hatred. He added: “I have spoken these things to you that you may not be stumbled. Men will expel you from the synagogue. In fact, the hour is coming when everyone that kills you will imagine he has rendered a sacred service to God. But they will do these things because they have not come to know either the Father or me.” (John 16:1-3) One Bible lexicon explains that a form of the verb here rendered “stumbled” means “to cause a person to begin to distrust and desert one whom he ought to trust and obey; to cause to fall away.”

Source(s): Are You Among Those Loved by God? https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/2002084?q=you+...

Though unavoidably living in the midst of that society of worldly persons, including those engaging in fornication, idolatry, extortion, and similar practices (1Co 5:9-13), such Christians must keep themselves clean and unspotted by that world’s corruption and defilement, not entering into friendly relations with it, lest they be condemned with it. (1Co 11:32; Jas 1:27; 4:4; 2Pe 1:4; 2:20; compare 1Pe 4:3-6.) They cannot be guided by worldly wisdom, which is foolishness in God’s sight, nor can they ‘breathe in’ the “spirit of the world,” that is, its selfish and sinful activating force. (1Co 1:21; 2:12; 3:19; 2Co 1:12; Tit 2:12; compare Joh 14:16, 17; Eph 2:1, 2; 1Jo 2:15-17; see SPIRIT [Impelling Mental Inclination].) Thus, through their faith they ‘conquer the world’ of unrighteous human society, even as did God’s Son. (Joh 16:33; 1Jo 4:4; 5:4, 5) That unrighteous human society is due to pass away by divine destruction (1Jo 2:17), even as the ungodly pre-Flood world perished.—2Pe 3:6.

When Christ talks of the world, he means the values of the world. If we reject worldliness (i.e. lusts of the flesh, sexual immorality, drinking, drugs, wild partying, focusing on wealth and selfish desires, political correctness, etc.), the world will not accept us very well.

• Misty

The bible is ancient superstition and should never be taken literally.

You were looking for:

John 15:19  If ye were of the world, the world would love his own: but because ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you.

The message is that the believer in the Lord Jesus Christ will be hated by those that are against the Lord.

.

As for heaven and hell, death leads to heaven or hell.  The Lord Jesus Christ is God, who died on the cross and shed His blood to pay for all of our sins in full, and then Jesus was buried, and then Jesus resurrected from the dead.  Nothing you could do will ever pay for any of your sins.  Jesus already paid for all of our sins with His death on the cross and His shed blood, and then Jesus resurrected from the dead.  So the only way to get into heaven and avoid hell, is by believing in the Lord Jesus Christ, without adding any of your own works.  See Romans 4:5.  It is too late for you to be saved, after death

The Bible tells Christians that although they live in this world, they are not OF this world (2 Corinthians 10:3). They are spiritual, not carnal. They mix with worldly people and share the good news of Jesus with them, but strive to remain unspotted (unpolluted) by carnality. That's why they're told, "Do not love the world or anything in the world. If anyone loves the world the love of the Father is not in him, For everything in the world - the cravings of sinful man, the lust of his eyes, and the boasting of what he has and does, comes not from the Father, but from the world. The world and its desires pass away, but the man who does the will of God lives for ever." (1 John 2:15-17)

This is about heart-allegiance. Does our heart belong to this material, sinful world, or to God as our heavenly Father? Jesus said we are to seek first the Kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all necessary things will be added to us. (Matthew 6:33) What is our heart's longing? For earthly pleasures or for Heaven above? That's the challenge in 2 Cor. 10:3.

• JESUS was speaking to every one who follows Him and are Christians.

"They are not of the world, even as I am not of the world" (John 17:16).

16 “All this I have told you so that you will not fall away. 2 They will put you out of the synagogue; in fact, the time is coming when anyone who kills you will think they are offering a service to God. 3 They will do such things because they have not known the Father or me. 4 I have told you this, so that when their time comes you will remember that I warned you about them" (John 16:1-4)

"This is the verdict: Light has come into the world, but people loved darkness instead of light because their deeds were evil. Everyone who does evil hates the light, and will not come into the light for fear that their deeds will be exposed" (John 3:19-21).

"They are from the world and therefore speak from the viewpoint of the world, and the world listens to them. Satan is the god of this world" (I John 4:5)!

It does not matter. Here is the truth: The Bible can, and often does condemn anyone in any way that it wishes, every step of the way. 

It is also functional in making sinners appear to be righteous and powerful when they recite its parables. 

Creating analogies and comparisons to the past in order to make them valid in our here-and-now, indicates how desperate believers are to make the past come true. The events of the Bible will only ever be prophetic by association. They will always remain as meaningless as can be. 

YESHUA WAS SPEAKING TO HIS DISCIPLES AND SAYING THAT BECAUSE THEY WERE NOT OF THIS WORLD, THE WORLD WILL NOT LOVE YOU. JOHN 15;17-19

That religion is not the same as other religious people basically