Why do people here keep asking the same political questions?

I used to like Yahoo answers, I got to browse and find answers to questions I never even knew I had- or things that would help me in the future. In recent years, I've been seeing the same exact politically motivated questions on both sides of the political spectrum trying to ridicule the other side, and most answers do the same thing. Why? What is the point of this? If you want the answer to your question why don't you look at what was asked yesterday? And the day before? Can we return to asking real questions that people may genuinely need help with?

Favorite Answer

Exactly. People need to be asking how can they be saved from Hell. But don't worry. I am most forgiving. As long as you repent.

• Daniel

They dont bother looking to see if it has been Asked by someone Else already 

• .

"I've been seeing the same exact politically motivated questions on both sides of the political spectrum trying to ridicule the other side" - you'll see that in nearly any online forum, as that's the unfortunate 'norm' for far too many. It's become an ugly game to mock and ridicule the "other" candidate and their followers, for a whole lot of people. The internet, over the years, has allowed a LOT of people to let out their inner troll/bully. With no fear of reprisal (as they might face in a face-to-face encounter) a lot of people let manners, courtesy, and maturity fall to the wayside, so they can ridicule, mock, insult, and berate others (never considering it's way more of a reflection of themselves, than their target(s)).

.

"Can we return to asking real questions that people may genuinely need help with?" - No one can control anyone but themselves, and asking the ill-behaved users to "play nice" is mostly a waste of time. Remember, YA is for information-seeking questions, not to beseech people to behave like reasonable, mature individuals. All one can do here is report posts that are violations (and in some subcategories, that could keep a user busy for hours). 

• ?

No one is stopping you from doing that.   But most of the people that post in that section will not give a serious question any traction at all.   That's why I gave up even trying.   If you want a real political discussion go to a moderated site that doesn't put up with that kind of posting.

When it's mid day for the US and night for the UK it seems.