Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationOther - Cars & Transportation · 1 month ago

How long did it take you to learn to drive before you drivers test ? ?

I am 21 and just got my learners permit. I’ve only drive I car to practice one or two times before but I’m worried about the stopping, when ever I go to stop I always take to long to slow down or slow down to fast. Wondering how long it will take me to get the hang of it. 

Favorite Answer

Everyone is different.

eg. at extremes:

My older brother booked a driving test for his 17th birthday and passed, with no lessons or on-road experience.

A younger relative has been taking lessons and tests for 15 years or more and is still failing.

The average seems to be more like 10 to 20 formal lessons, plus some driving experience with another friend or relative who has a full licence.

Basically, you need enough practice so the mechanics of controlling the car become reflex and you can keep your attention on the road & other vehicles.

wow...zoomers are doomed