There is someone at work who is making my life hell, what should I do? ?

So my parents have made me get a job even though Rona is still about and worse still, the job is really boring and I hate this guy there....

He is always complaining at me for being late and having an 'attitude problem' and there are times he brings this up in front of other co workers.  When customers complain about me, he always takes the customers side which is embarrassing and makes me angry. What can I do? 

Favorite Answer

You go into the Human Resources office and you tell the person there...probably the person who hired you...that your co-worker is awful and will not leave you alone.

You literally tell them...it is them or me...who do you want to work here?

Say "I will walk out now if you do not fire this person for constantly bullying me and making me look stupid in front of customers."

Then after the fire this person...ask for a pay raise.  Because ..seriously  they will not be paying that person so they can afford to give you at least HALF of their salary. 

depends what you do,  it might affect him.

for example, in a place where there are only 5 employees and one is not coming on time or doing a bad job,  someone else has to do it for him. which means more work for your co-worker.

if you worked in an office of 100 employees, no one would care or notice except for your superiors.  but thats a whole other issue.

You say "When customers complain about me" as if they do--a lot. And that right there ought to tell you more than anything else. You may hate your co-worker, but I'm betting he sees someone who DOES have an attitude problem and maybe doesn't give a crap about the job--and it offends him because He cares. Maybe instead of complaining about your co-worker, you should listen to him--and improve your performance and attitude; and maybe you should get there on time. I'll also bet that if you improve your work behavior, he'll ease up on the complaints. This is what working for a living is like. You have to do your best--not show the world how horribly you're treated. 

Better get used to it. That's the way of the workforce.

The best thing you could do here is to change your attitude, show up to work on time and grow up.

• Eva

You could trying growing up.  Being late to your job is not acceptable. You certainly seem to have an attitude problem, probably due to you not wanting to work in the first place.  In customer service, the customer is always right.  If you're getting a lot of complaints, your customer service skills need work.

• If he's your co worker, he shouldn't be telling you what to do, ignore him and don't listen to him . Report him to your manager. If he's training you then he's just doing his job. If he's right, grow up and be on time more often, also give your self an attitude adjustment. When you have a bad attitude you bring other people down with you and eventually you can get fired, if you get enough complaints against you.  

You shouldn't have a bad attitude at work, specially when you're dealing with customers, people don't like to see you unhappy or with attitude issues. Customers shouldn't be complaining. You should be trying to make them happy. If you don't want to be there then find another job and quit.  

• Judith

Gee.  How about showing up on time and getting rid of the bad attitude?  Like the good employees do.  The only person making your life hell is yourself and, if you don't change your attitude, you will always make your own life hell - and will probably always blame other people for it instead of placing the blame where it belongs - on yourself.

Customers do not complain about workers for the sake of it.

Add that to being regularly late and it sounds like you do have a major attitude problem!

Grow up and take responsibility for your own actions, instead of whinging like a spoilt child.

Respect is something  you earn, it is not a right.

You either just ignore him or quit working there and look for another place. If you're in it for the money, just stick it out until you find another place to work at.