What is the lifespan of a wifi modem?

My provider used some "nextgen" modems from Arris, they are slow, they restart by themselves, and they have terrible range, now I changed to Suddenlink and my internet is a lot better. Those Arris modems lasted like 6-8 months until the WiFi became very unstable.

Depends on whether it is being used or not.

Bet advice I have been given is replace it every 12-18 months. Even if it hasn't failed, the technology is still so new, whatever new one you buy will be significantly better than what you have now.

lifespan of a wifi modem depends on your uses.

• garry

how long is a piece of string , generally the length of the warranty .

It depends on your uses.

The average lifespan of home use router is about 20, 000 hours, while the average lifespan of industrial router is generally more than 50, 000 hours

• keerok

Router? The power adapter is bound to fry sooner but these routers do conk out for no reason at all who-knows-when especially if they're made in tsayna. 

I've already had a few of them. I had to resort to these tseep ones since the expensive D-Link router I imported got fried during a lightning strike.

Ours has been going strong for the last 15 years, mate.  It's provided free of charge through our subscription to our ISP (Internet Service Provider).

That all depends on if it gets syphilis from all the the pornography you download and dies from brain rot.