msksks asked in HealthOther - Health · 1 month ago

How can I clean out my colon? ?

Since I was a child I’ve always had constipation problems and fecal impactions. For the past 2 weeks it’s been very hard to pass my stool so I’ve been taking enemas. I used to take Miralax and it worked for a few months but now it doesn’t work at all. After the enemas though, I notice I still have some stool left behind and it seems pretty hard so I know the next time I use the bathroom I’ll have to use the enema again. When I sue the enema it usually takes out a big portion. I can’t use the bathroom and don’t have the urge until about 4 days later. Is there any way I can clean out my colon and get all the stool out without an enema?  

• Andy C

The answer is disturbingly simple: eat only whole foods and their incumbent fiber will clean you out,  daily.

• Mark

Plain water works well, and if you don't want to get a headache, so does fruit juice.