Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 1 month ago

Relationship Help?

I been dating my current girlfriend for a couple of years now, I don't feel like I am in love with her, but don't want to break up with her or hurt her either. I don't even know what I want or what to do. 

• Good

Sounds like the honeymoon is over and the marriage has begun.

Welcome to real life.  This is what it will feel like after you get married. 

Think about it.

This girl is going to dump you somewhere down the road anyway.  They all do.

Maybe just ride it out until she does.  Isn't she your best friend?

Maybe you need a vacation together.  Get away from it all.

.

.

If she loves you, she’s going to try and work together to try to work through your problems . Explain to her how you feel, just choose your words carefully 

The best thing do is explore your feelings with her. You both can decide on what is best for you guys to do. Also, this would be a good example of an open and honest communication.

• Ocimom

You should be honest with her and sit down and explain things.  No way to get around the issue or hurt her.  Better to end things then continuing the relationship at this time.  You would be lying and pretending.  No good for either of you.

This doesn't end well for anyone, unfortunately if you've been with your girlfriend for 2 years and you aren't in love with her anymore/ or never was, its time to call it a day. Its not fair to her as you are stringing her along when she could be out looking for someone who genuinely loves her and shes compatible with. Its also not fair to you because it can make you unhappy to be with someone you don't see a future with. Wheres the fun in that? Step outside your comfort zone, because that's what you're in! You will find someone who you really love and care for. You're going to have to bite the bullet and tell her the truth that it isn't working. Remember to be kind, its going to sting. Gotta be cruel to be kind though!

So what is your question? 

• T J

Think about you hurting yourself, by staying with her. What are going to do, live with someone you are not into for the rest of your life and get a side chick? Man up and break up.

Be honest with her. I know it may be hard, but staying in the relationship when you get nothing out of it is both damaging to you and to her. Just let her know how you feel

just keep being nice. and if u want to cheat then do so quietly.. but please dont leave her.

i'd feel so bad if i were this girl and you were just stringing me along, not in love with me... it'd be best to tell her the truth instead of wasting time.