Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsMarriage & Divorce · 1 month ago

How can I covinse my husband to stop being a weed attic?

He has been doing weed for over 20 years and he is very overweight and lazy cuz of it. I am becoming turned off. I have a baby at home and he never wants to help only party sleep and smoke. I’m ready for divorce but my baby will suffer

You married someone who was a weed addict for 20 years and NOW you are turned off by it? Wouldn't it have been smarter to realise that at the start, and not let it get that far? 

Oh no girl, you made a mistake by marrying that dude, you have to divorce that guy. 

Your baby will suffer more if you stay in an unfulfilling and failed relationship, as this will set the template for her. 

I doubt the weed is what’s making your husband lazy. It sounds like he’s just lazy. Weed makes lazy people lazier and motivated people more motivated. I like to smoke when I’m doing stuff. But if I smoke while I’m watching tv, I’m likely to sit for hours and possibly fall asleep. I’ve been smoking weed since I was 15, and it actually really helps me stay focused and calm. I really don’t think weed is the cause of your husband’s problems. A little weed in moderation is fine, but if he’s dodging responsibilities, he’s smoking too much. The problem is that quitting weed probably won’t make him the motivated, helpful husband you’re hoping for. You have to figure out what he brings to the table and if it’s really benefiting your family. You already have a kid to take care of, you don’t need to be married to one too. 

i would divorce him anyways, hes not doing anything anyways

Convince yourself it was happening when you met him and that's what you feel in love with.