Can someone tell me how to remove a program from my registry?

There's this program that I used to have in my computer with Windows 7, but got deleted by mistake.

I'm trying to install it again, but I get some error message telling me that I have to remove it from my registry before I can do that.

I don't know how to deal with registry issues at all myself unfortunately.   : /  

• David
    Favorite Answer

Try downloading revo uninstaller it’s free and deletes partially uninstalled programs that have left over file remnants

https://www.revouninstaller.com/start-freeware-dow...

• Lv 7

how did you "delete" it? just deleting the shortcut is meaningless. you need to uninstall it from ghe Control Panel, in Programs & Features. that is what removes it from the registry.

registry is not something you should EVER mess with directly on your own! it can break your system...

what program is it?

I'd start by searching for the program name or name of the software company in the registry. and look for a sub key called "uninstallstring". If I found that, I'd copy the string and paste it into an elevated command prompt window and see if the installer information was still valid. If it is, then you are good to go.