Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social ScienceGender Studies · 1 month ago

Why do women think they are goddesses because they give birth?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

They have nothing else to pride themselves with.

• Elana
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

It's pretty easy to refute the statement:

Almost every mammal gives birth.  Dogs give birth.  As abilities to go, yeah, it's traumatic to the body, but no, it isn't special.

What happens AFTER birth IS pretty unique.  Each kid has his or own upbringing and usually the mother is an integral part of that.  In cases where a kid goes bad and a mother is an integral part of the kid's upbringing, why doesn't she also get her share of blame?

Being a good mother is incredibly difficult.  Being a good parent generally is incredibly difficult.

Being able to have a baby is natural.  I didn't say it was comfortable, nor did I say it was fun.  But at least in this century, in the West, it is a CHOICE.  And if you don't want to take on the discomfort (aka pain), you don't have to (at least for now).

• 1 month ago

YOu have a very unhealthy fixation there !! The most revered word in any language is MOTHER

• 1 month ago

Contrary to popular opinion I dont think shitting a crying bag of skin makes you anything. It is following up on the responsibility of childbirth that makes you worthy of respect. 

Lot of people nowadays aren't parents their just pumping out units that they cant manage

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

Because they are :) You wouldn't be born if it weren't for your mother ( a women) giving birth to you, they go through so much for 9 months to bring a life to this world, therefore, they are goddesses, period.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Because they carried the child in their womb for almost a year.

• Foofa
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

In fairness, many who never give birth sometimes think this too. In fact having to raise kids tends to lessen the amount of time one has to assume apotheosis.

• 1 month ago

Why are men so resentful that women can do something that men cannot do?  

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.