can you freeze butter?

• Sandy
    Favorite Answer

Yes, you can freeze butter. I have several sticks of butter in my freezer right now. 

Absolutely--it's one of the best ways to keep it, in fact.

• denise

Yes, if its well wrapped, then thawed [slowly] before using.

When it is on sale I buy it and put it in the freezer.  I think last year near Christmas I had about 10 pounds in the freezer. 

Absolutely. My mother used to buy real butter when it was on sale, freeze it and use it to make her Christmas treats.

Maybe, but why?

• Carrie

Yes you can, We buy a bunch and freeze in our meat freezer. Then thaw or refrigerate.

Can , able to   if you have a freezer  a person can do the action of placing a portion of butter in a freezer ..... as to  effects  on  the texture  or taste   according to U.S.DAIRY  unsalted butter can last up to 5 months , and salted butter  up to 9 months maintaining proper storage  ( original wrapping )  and foil  plastic or air tight container

• kswck2

You can. I load up on butter when it is on sale-currently have about 12 pounds of it in the freezer.  But also remember to Date each box so you don't forget about it and it lives in the freezer forever. 

Yes u can I think