Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw & Ethics · 1 month ago

Should Racists and people who commit hate crimes receive the Death Penalty?

I feel like many problems would be solved by simply eradicating people who have an illogical hate towards someone else based on their skin or  their background. With this, we don’t have to deal with the vast amount of situations we see globally on cops shooting BAME individuals or people committing hate crimes towards ethnic minorities or anyone else (whether that’s black people committing a hate crime against White people, or vice versa) 

My earliest memories were my mother and me walking back home and our racist neighbours were throwing stones at my mom, with blood pouring down my mothers face. Shortly after this, our house was burned down and I was left with a completely burned hand as well as my mother who was burned in several different places trying to save me. I know this sort of thing and even worse has happened to a lot of other people. 

You may think, why the death penalty?. I just believe that adults who are able to commit such atrocities in the cause of hate and racial prejudice  cannot be re-habilitated. With death penalties towards these types of individuals, I feel the world would be a lot more of a better place. And the it would also somewhat help with the issue of the taxes that go towards some of these people in the form of benefits, as well as serve as a means to slightly help the issue of overpopulation as I imagine their are a lot of racists individuals who have the ability to commit such acts if given the chance. 

What are your thoughts? 

• Troy

No black person has been convicted of a hate crime. 

No.   At one point in time the most advanced set of laws was the Code of Hammurabi.    The problem with that code was it was not about the crime,  it was about WHO did the crime to WHO.    A better who attacked a rich person was put to death.   But a rich person only had to pay a fine if he killed a beggar.    It was about the people,  not the crime.    Along came the Torah and the people involved were not important.   Do not murder.  Do not steal.   Do not covet,  etc.     So murder was murder,  it did not matter who did it to whom.    But now we are going back to the Code of Hammurabi.   If a white guy kills another white guy it is murder.   But if a white guy kills a Black female gay cop then he gets tried for murder,  a hate crime,  a racist crime,   a homophobe crime,   and killing a cop.    We no longer are equal under the law,    we have gone back to WHO did what to WHOM.     It means the life of some is more important than others.   What we need to do is focus on the crime,  not why they did it.   Murder is murder,   it does not  matter if you did not like the guy or did not like his being gay,  you murdered him.   Deal with the crime,  not the motivation.  

I really doubt anyone hates based on skin color. That sounds more like a strawman. You probably don't know what a "strawman" is and that's okay because you're mentally retarded.

Racism is a philosophy.  It is not illegal.

A hate crime simply defines the perpetrator's reason for committing the crime.  It does not change the degree of the crime.

NO is the answer to your question.

Illogical.  Excessive punishment for lesser crimes (or non-crimes) is bad.