Do kids and general audiences still care about classic Hollywood cartoon characters...?

and if not, why?

Hello. I'm a cartoonist, writer and aspiring voice actor who wants to produce animation and comics to be showcased and monetized online and I am curious about this.

I was told these characters stopped being popular and they aren't as popular as they used to be in the late 20th century.Is this true? If so, why? If it's true why did kids and general audiences lose interest in these characters?

Is it because these characters are OLD now? Golden Age cartoon characters, if they existed in real life, would be old enough to qualify for Social Security.

Is it because a number of these characters aren't considered PC anymore?

Is it because kids and general audiences stopped caring about old Hollywood cartoons?

Is it because kids and general audiences stopped caring about cartoon reboots?

If they aren't popular anymore or as popular as they used to be why is the new Looney Tunes series on HBO Max popular?

Why is Space Jam 2 NOT a highly-anticipated cartoon film coming out? The original film paid homage to classic Looney Tunes' cartoons.

Please help. Thank you.

Favorite Answer

Kids these days wont watch anything more than 10 year old if they didn't watch it growing up.

Cartoons tend to appeal to the generations of viewers who existed at the time that they were created.  Personally, I like to reach back to toons from the distant past for fun and to have a connection to people of a different time period than my own.  In a way, cartoons (and books) are a reflection of the attitudes and dreams that existed during their own era.  So, its the closest that I can get to time travel.  

Hi. I tend to take an interest in cartoons and classic animation too. I believe that classic cartoon characters are no longer remembered or loved as much as they once were due to modern entertainment. Over-time, the same entertainment that we watch and enjoy now will be forgotten, and a new era of entertainment will begin.

It is not that these things are now hated, but that they are forgotten due to the passion of the classic characters and entertainment fading. When passion for characters such as Mickey Mouse stay around, the character lives on through more than one era.

• Kathy

Not really, just the older people do.