Ben asked in HealthMen's Health · 1 month ago

Can getting the bus every day affect your fertility?

I can't seem to find any research about this online, but I was wondering what other people's thoughts were on this.

I catch the bus five days a week to go to my job in the next town, and the buses, being old and/or poorly built, rattle and vibrate quite a lot. Sometimes they tremble, rattle, and vibrate so badly I feel like I'm sat on a washing machine. I'm weary that all the vibrations from the bus' rumbling, rattling, and trembling will affect my testicles and sperm count. I try to sit so that my testicles are higher up in the air so that they are further away from the seat and hopefully safe from the vibrations from the bus.

Now before you ask, I can't drive (well technically I can I just haven't passed my test yet) so I have no choice but to catch the bus to work and my place of work is too far away to walk.

My wife and I have been trying for a baby since August, and although I do things to maximise my sperm health such as eating healthily, keeping my testicles as cool as I can, avoiding alcohol and minimising caffeine, I am concerned about the affect the bus could be having.

• Nick

how many sons has the driver?

For the like of me I can’t see how there would be any connection whatsoever. So no to answer the question 

your perception is not correct

millions of people in India take the

bus so according to your theory

their population should be coming down to zero!!

• kelvin

no it can not................