Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiseases & ConditionsInfectious Diseases · 1 month ago

I stepped on a push pen?

It kinda hurt, I put alcohol on it, and bled very little.  Do I need to get a tetanus shot ???

Push pin*

If the push pin was indoors, I would say no.  Tetanus generally does not come on suddenly, anyhow.  If the wound becomes infected and home treatment does not help, see a doctor.  Otherwise, it's fine.

If the push pin was old and rusty, I would recommend getting a tetanus shot

• Sam

It depends on where the push pin was.  If if was in the dirt and it was a little rusty, then I personally would probably get a tetanus if I hadn't already had one less than five years ago.   

Having said that, you will probably be okay without one.  

It's your choice whether to get a shot or not. 

Life is full of choices.

I'll be happy to take credit for your good choices, but I'm not going to be responsible for your bad choices  ;) 

NO you will be fine

You don’t need one but if you are out of date, more than 10 years, it’s a great time to update.  Tetanus is not in rust, it’s a bacteria commonly found in soil from animal contamination.  It loves deep oxygen poor punctures. A push pin at home doesn’t fit tetanus prone criteria.

Source(s): PA

No. Just wash it and put a bandaid on it and forget about it. Tetanus is a type of bacteria that is sometimes found in soil and on rusty metal outside. It is rare. 

If you have not had one in the past five years I would go get one.  

• kelvin

no........................

This was at my house