What is the term for believing in God but not following or practicing any particular denomination or church?   ?

Atheism is not believing in God

Agnosticism is uncertainty about God's existence 

Update:

Got it: theism. 

Update 2:

Entropy,  I ask more as a hypothetical. 

I am a Christian, but tend to be non-denominational in practice. 

I would refer you to the letters to the seven churches in the Book of the Revelation. 

All I know is there are many folks taking selfies who wished they wouldn't have taken that "one more step". 

14 Answers

Relevance
  • Paul
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

"Theist". In effect, such a person is just another tiny Protestant denomination.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Just believe what you believe. Labels are for people who want to argue.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

You need the truth.  Here is the truth:  Death leads to heaven or hell.  The Lord Jesus Christ is God, who died on the cross and shed His blood to pay for all of our sins in full, and then Jesus was buried, and then Jesus resurrected from the dead.  Nothing you could do will ever pay for any of your sins.  Jesus already paid for all of our sins with His death on the cross and His shed blood, and then Jesus resurrected from the dead.  So the only way to get into heaven and avoid hell, is by believing in the Lord Jesus Christ, without adding any of your own works.  See Romans 4:5.  It is too late for you to be saved, after death.

• 1 month ago

SMART..................

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

Theism.  I myself am a theist.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Right there in the section name, they call that spirituality.

• 1 month ago

The term is theism. 

• 1 month ago

That's called grunting .

• Depends how much Jesus figures into your belief

• 1 month ago

Follower of the way or Yeshua. 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.