Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureHolidaysHalloween · 1 month ago

Should I throw out my jack o lantern or can it last a while longer?

I just carved it yesterday. It was starting to rot on the inside on the bottom. Today it’s full of mold where it was rotting. It’s too cold and snowy to set it outside. 

4 Answers

Relevance
  • donnie
    Lv 6
    4 weeks ago

    Whatever you feel like doing 

  • T-half
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

    Throw it out and start over.  First pumpkin was your practice one, right?

    There's a product called Wet And Forget.  It prevents mold.

    Mix equal parts of Wet And Forget and water.  Then brush it on you pumpkin.

    No more mold.

  • drip
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

    It has already started to mold. Not much you can do.   You can try to spray it with a bleach and water solution. Or use rubbing alcohol.  You can also try hairspray.

    Next time treat the pumpkin immediately after craving it.

  • 1 month ago

    The cold will actually preserve it and prevent it from rotting further.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.