Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 month ago

WHY IS THE POPE ENDORSING SAME SEX CIVIL UNIONS - WHAT'S NEXT HOMOSEXUAL MARRIAGE?

11 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

This pope has been trying to slowly drag the church out of the dark ages.

I'm sure this proclamation will make some catholics (especially gay catholics) happy, while it will enrage others.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

You would have to ask The Pope.  I'm sure is reasons behind it are out there if you bother to look.  Personally, I don't really care.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

We need a pope that's an actual Catholic. By the way, that's why we have a 2,000-year Magisterium. It over-rides any stupid sh!t a pope might say.

• 1 month ago

We know why!  Money! and more MONEY! Religion leaders will say and do anything that they can get away with, because it is all about MONEY which can be stolen from the gullible.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

Because controlling the world is their ultimate dream.  Anyone who kills people in the name of God doesn't know God and are fanatics and terrorists.  You have to keep an open mind and call a spade a spade.  The spanish inquisition is a perfect example of this, Hitler, ISIS.  There is no hell, no heaven.  These are fear tactics to keep all their congragations in line.  this is why christianity separated from the truth and this created the multitude of religions you see today.  You can research this the knowledge is out there.

• User
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Not only practically and legally

but morally

IF you have legalized homosexuality

it DOES seem better to offer such a thing

than to refuse it.

Homosexual marriage (i.e. within their church) is NOT next

because THAT is contrary to fundamental Christian principles

and long-held Roman Catholic principles.

• 1 month ago

Science increasingly shows that sexual orientation is not really a "choice", it's just the way some people are.  And the biblical case for objecting to consensual adult same-sex relationships is... pretty weak, if you actually look at the source material rather than just available translations. 

So smart, ethical Christians (which presumably includes the Pope) are increasingly OK with, well, holding gay people to roughly the same moral and ethical standards as straight people, but not objecting to them engaging in relationships within those standards.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

No, this pope is an idiot. He has made contradictory statements in the past.

This is an off-the-cuff statement by a leader of the Catholic Church who has been known to flirt with liberal sentiments in the past, only to fall back on traditional doctrine when push comes to shove.

Any significant doctrinal change on such an issue would typically be presented in a more formal way and after much internal debate with Cardinals

• 1 month ago

I NEVER THOUGHT I WOULD SEE THE DAY..TOO WEIRD.

• 1 month ago

ISN'T IT TERRIBLE THAT THE POPE ISN'T AS FILLED WITH BITTERNESS AND HATE AS YOU ARE? HOW CAN HE CALL HIMSELF A CHRISTIAN IF HE'S NOT FILLED WITH HATE?  HUH???

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.