Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 month ago

In a hateful and violent world, should the hippie movement be revived to spread love and peace?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

The hippie generation was all about love and peace and NO WORK, just a lazy set of people who was always high as the sky.

• 1 month ago

Not if means glorifying weed, LSD, heroin, methamphetamines, cocaine, barbiturates, PCP, alcohol or any other mind-altering substance.  

But if you can revive the hippie movement WITHOUT drugs, then it's not a bad idea.

Lv 7
    1 month ago

No, we have nothing in common.

The fake commonality doesn't benefit us, but only promotes fifth columnists.

We are children of light in a world of darkness and so we shouldn't accept fakery or false steps in love.

Play it by ear, the world hates Jesus, so don't fall for the popular slogans.

People who have nothing in common with each other often fall for the slogans of: "we are one"; "we are all love"; and "love everyone indiscriminately".

These may actually be traps to destroy true-light beings.  

We don't need any more "children's crusades" where the children are merely cannon fodder.  

• Derek
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

Don't you mean spread syphilis and gonorrhoea and dirty needles and alcoholism? That's what the 60s did. I should know. I lived through it. Aghast at the utter selfishness and indolence of those stroppy youths. But this time around, they're going to spread Covid-19 as well.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Aaron
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Yes. Wished i had lived in the 1960s. Looked really cool in vids, and the music. I think I would have been a hippie. 

Source(s): Peace, love, and Ghandi.
  • 1 month ago

NO it is gone now.

• 1 month ago

There would be opposition, but a Hippie might not care. You will get a chance to defend what people tend to call Hedonism. 

• 1 month ago

People are and can still be hippies to this day. Its just a matter of choice.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.