Have you checked your DRL’s lately?

I recently drove on I-40 for the most of the length of the country and notice maybe 30% of people with DRL’s did not have them functioning. This is a great safety feature and helps a lot in low light conditions like passing in the shade of a mountain or a tree, or going through a tunnel. Please check your daytime running lights!

I know not all cars them it’s fairly recent, and I can see cars fine, but I do a better survey on I 40. Now when I drive in the mountains or the trees or a tunnel and can’t see the car at all, or at night when they forgot to turn their lights on, it would be nice if they did not disconnect the DRL’s. Why would someone do this?

I will keep asking until I get a straight answer from someone who actually disconnected theirs. Please tell me why you did this.

Look it up, there are guides on how to turn them off, usually by pulling a fuse or cutting wires. If you haven’t done this, please don’t answer. 

EVERYONE with DRLs has them on, because there isn't an 'off' for DRLs. You are ASSuming the vehicles have DRLs.

Note: Many 2021 models don't have DRLs, and your update ASSumes they do.

Note: Literally, by definition, if you can turn it off, it IS NOT a DRL.

You know what else is a great safety feature that helps a lot in low light conditions?

Paying the f**k attention to the road and other vehicles on it.

Not all cars yet have them, they're quite a recent innovation. If you do have them, it's rarely possible to turn them off, they come on automatically.  You're fretting over nothing.

They are not a feature on my car.  

How many times are you going to post this question?

It's not a great safety feature and is not intended to be used during most of the years. Daylight running lights are intended to be used in the north in periods of reduced daylight hours.

If you have troubles seeing at this time of the year on  I-40, you need to get your vision checked. 

• Scott

Not every vehicle has daytime running lights.

How do you know which cars are equipped with DRLs? Often DRLs are Year, Model sub-Level specific and I doubt you could tell or have the capacity to know which cars are equipped  with DRLs by model/year/sub-level at high speed. 

Don't get me wrong - Good Tip!! Just doubt the percentages as DRL setting are usually default - ON and I don't imagine there are too many reasons to turn them off.

AFter reading your updates my conclusion is that you are just plain f-d up. OCD at best crazy as a shithouse rat more likely