Tito asked in Pregnancy & ParentingAdoption · 1 month ago

I'am an american citizen, can i adopt my friends son  who is 14 years old from the philippines? both parents are willing to let me adopt him?

• Ann

Has anyone thought to ask the 14 year-old how he feels about leaving his parents and being brought to the U.S.?  He's old enough to have a say in the matter, just as children who are 12 or older can choose which parent to live with after a divorce.  If he doesn't want to come, there could be some serious problems arise.

You can, but you need his information first. I had to give up my 5 babies. To my long distant cousins whom are also some of mutual friends and live nearby enough for me not too worry to much. I would rather my babies live awesome lives, even if I can't raise them. Unfortunately enough, my family did not love me, I found God and Jesus Christ and The Holy Spirit and I couldn't have my babies aborted, especially after the 2nd month, I started bonded strongly with them. I had visions of all the amazing things they would do in their lives. No matter what happens there will always be people after them for their blessings pray and fight for them spiritually, politically, and as a last resort psychically and in self defense. 

That's strange, 2 questions about adopting 14-year-olds - both trolls?

Answers here can give you general notions, but you need legal advice where you are - laws vary across the world. Fully qualified legal advice. Especially if you are adopting from abroad.

• Ron

The answer is on the Consular Affairs website 

• edward

Yes. I mean my cousin was adopted by her aunt and uncle, she knows who her real parents are but they adopted her so she could come to Canada. Then the rest of her family came later. She is the oldest so she could sponsor her family much sooner than her other siblings. It was a strategic plan adoption

Your question is unclear as to whether the 14-year-old is "from" the Philippines but lives in the US, or "currently resides" in the Philippines. The first could be just US state law. The second is an international adoption, which involves PI law and US state law and possibly the Hague International Adoption Convention (an international agreement). Not enough facts for better advice. See a lawyer who does international and US adoptions.