Jo
Jo asked in EnvironmentGreen Living · 1 month ago

Am I immoral for not recycling because my landlord hasn't provided the building I live in with a recycling bin?

• Darla
    Favorite Answer

Make a recycling bin yourself. Good diy project. 

Only you can decide that. I travel about 15 miles to the nearest recycling center but I can couple those trips with my shopping.

Recycling has nothing to do with morality. Recycling was brought on by companies who did not want to be responsible for the containers of their products. Decades ago you would get money to return your glass bottles. When plastics came onto the scene they didn't want them back and they launched an ad campaign which eventually convinced us all  that recycling was the 'right' thing to do for the environment. Now the world is over run with discarded plastic. No one wants it.

If you come into the kitchen and the sink is overflowing and there is water all over the floor, do you get a mop and bucket?   No, you turn off the tap.

We have much to learn about the natural world and what is bad for it. We have to start thinking less about our own desires and the negative repercussions to those around us.