Anonymous
Anonymous asked in News & EventsCurrent Events · 1 month ago

Why do leftists think it's ok to attack someone for their religious beliefs?

Don't they know sectarianism is just as abhorrent as racism

15 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

They don't. Leftists are are shocked and appalled at any criticism of Muslims; they heartily approve of attacks on Christians, especially Roman Catholics. Case in point: they are opposing the appointment Of Amy Comey Barrett to the Supreme Court on the grounds that she is Catholic.

• 1 month ago

Sectarianism is "of, relating to, or characteristic of a sect".  The word you are looking for is secularism, "indifference to or rejection or exclusion of religion and religious considerations".  No, it's not as bad as racism.  That's ridiculous.

• Ludwig
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

It depends on the religion and the beliefs concerned.   It is most certainly correct to attack some people for their sinful and perverted religious beliefs.

• 1 month ago

Many (most?) leftists are ignorant uneducated fools. The LEADING IDEA in the founding of the USA was freedom from attack because of religious beliefs 

Here are 7 quotes from our Founding Fathers concerning religious liberty which you should know.

"Nothing is more dreaded than the national government meddling with religion." —John Adams, in a letter to Benjamin Rush. 1812

"[T]hat the opinions of men are not the object of civil government, nor under its jurisdiction; that to suffer the civil magistrate to intrude his powers into the field of opinion and to restrain the profession or propagation of principles on supposition of their ill tendency is a dangerous fallacy, which at once destroys all religious liberty." —Thomas Jefferson, 1779.

"The Religion then of every man must be left to the conviction and conscience of every man: and it is the right of every man to exercise it as these may dictate." —James Madison, 1785.

"Driven from every other corner of the earth, freedom of thought and the right of private judgment in matters of conscience direct their course to this happy country as their last asylum." —Samuel Adams, Speech on August 1, 1776.

"While we are contending for our own liberty, we should be very cautious not to violate the conscience of others, ever considering that God alone is the judge of the hearts of men, and to Him only in this case are they answerable." —George Washington, in a letter to Benedict Arnold.

"Conscience is the most sacred of all property." —James Madison, 1792.

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof." —The Constitution. First Amendment.

THEY ARE UTTER FOOLS, SHOULD BE WHIPED AND IMPRISONED.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

Leftists are more supportive of racism than anyone.  They just dress it up in pretty words.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Leftists have gone so far to the left they can only be described as Marxists these days.  Thus, a key part of their ideology is banning religion.

• I don't know about anyone else but I do it because its funny 

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

If you want to be religious knock yourself out, why should anyone care?

• Barry
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

There is a world of difference between these two actions. If there weren't it would be illegal to speak against religion. BTW sectarianism is not attacking religion. Look it up.

• They are hypocrites. They preach tolerance, but certainly don't practice it. 

They chastise me for my lesbian past, (one incident when I was 15yo) while claiming homosexual men are consenting adults and should be left alone. 

Now that's a perfect example of left wing double standards. 

Edit ...8 TDs shows they're not even truthful to themselves because they know they've been calling me a Diesel Dyke and other disparaging names.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.