Where did modern fantasy tropes come from?

I know they that fantasy was rooted in mythology, but I am not talking about that. I mean which writers brought those tropes back? I know that many might point to Tolkien, but he didn't create them all. The Chosen One isn't his trope, nor is a shepherd-who-is-secretly-a-long-lost-heir-but-doesn't-know-it. The orphan hero? Who were other influential fantasy writers who kickstarted these cliches?

sdffffffffffffffffffffffffff

• ?

I wrote a paper in college about this. It comes out of a romanticism of the middle ages and many of the Epics that came from that time. 

• Tina

Oedipus was a shepherd who was really the long lost heir of Thebes, so that one is pretty ancient. And he probably wasn't the first.

You are probably going back to the Ice Age here.

• Amber

No, fantasy writers did kick start those cliches. They were cliche long before fantasy even became a thing. If you look back through some old playwright's you'll see these tropes. The orphan hero was used a lot in Greek plays. They've always been used and just Incorporated into each genre as it came around.