06 Mustang not redlining/shifting to 7 and 8?

Have a automatic transmission 8 speed, I notice when I dump it it never goes to 7 and 8 but 6 and back. Any problems? Car drives fine btw and no check engine light. Maybe just a tuneup?

"Have a automatic transmission 8 speed"

No you don't. The only automatic offered on the 06 Mustang was the 5R55S, which is a 5 speed transmission.

"I notice when I dump it it never goes to 7 and 8 but 6 and back"

If you have the 4.0L V6, then your rev limiter is going to be about 6000 RPM. It will never rev to 7000 or 8000 RPM, then the engine will not stay in one piece at those engine speeds. The 4.0L V6 is about done making power at around 5700 RPM anyway, so you're just making noise beyond that anyway. If you have the 3 valve 4.6L then the rev limiter will be about 6200 RPM, again it's not going to rev to 7000/8000 RPM. Also, How do you "dump" an automatic transmission, there's no clutch to "dump"?

"Any problems?"

Other than your lack of knowledge about your own car? Nope

" Maybe just a tuneup?"

Nope, the engine simply was not made to rev as high as you think it will. Just because you have an 8000 RPM tach, it doesn't mean that the engine is capable of 8000 RPM. 

Those transmissions were made in France - 'nuff said.

BUT - the automatic the factory put in the 2006s was a 5-speed . . . . . if you have an 8 speed, the car has already been buggered with.