Lion
Lion asked in Family & RelationshipsFriends · 1 month ago

My friends been doing stuff behind my back. Aren't they are fake friends?

My friends added my abusive ex boyfriend without telling me. I confronted them. Why would they do that? They don't know him.

He was a liar. Always put me down. Ignored me. Yes, he was abusive. 

He pressured me to have a threesome.

Friends don't go behind your back to do things. I asked them. Why they did that to me?

He was emotionally abusive. I am not reading all that.

• T J
    Favorite Answer

Looks like you need new friends.

Only you can decide who your friends are but I know from experience that sometimes people say someone is "abusive" towards them when things don't work out for them. I'm not saying that's you but maybe your friends see it that way, if he was a little mean to you and you broke up over it and keep ranting and calling him an abuser they might be thinking "oh for god sake, here she goes again, don't pour fuel on the fire by disagreeing with her". That to me is the most likely situation based on the limited information you have, maybe they're still friends with him and don't see him as an abuser, in this case you need to take a step back and look at the situation from an outsiders point of view and as hard as it might be look at it honestly. Ask your friends what do they think of the situation in a cá and normal way and ask why they added him, their answer might shed some more light on it for you.

If after all that you are a hundred percent sure you are not overreacting and it was abuse ask your friends why they added him (again in a calm and normal manner) and then decide if the answer is what you'd want your friends to say. Don't put them in an unfair position in the middle of your relationship struggles it's not fair.

• Rick B

How on earth would we know their motivation???  You would have to ask them.