Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceInvesting · 1 month ago

is the US getting ready to have another bull market after this 2-3 Trillion $ stimulus deal is finally passed?

why or not?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

No, it will just prop up the market for a few months with retail spending and then go into the  toilet if wee don't get a 3rd stimulus deal, and a 4th, and a 5th. The economy will remain in the s****er until a vaccine is used widely. You just can't force people to go shopping, to the movies and travel.

• 1 month ago
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

Its anybody's guess. Coud be a short lived small rally or it could be longer term negative as they cannot continue twice a year forever.

• Lv 7
    1 month ago

yes, and all those "Dooms-dayers" will hide in embarasment

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

The various stimulus deals are meant to alleviate the symptoms, not solve the problem.  The problem is COVID.  Many workplaces are shut down.  Consumers aren't spending as much money as they used to.  I haven't been to a restaurant since last March, or gone to a movie theater!  Bars, nightclubs, pool halls, bowling alleys, beauty salons, etc. are also way under their regular business, if they're open at all.

When COVID is gone, there's nothing to keep everything from returning to normal.  Some people say it will be a 'new normal', but I think it will be the same old normal.  If Trump had an ounce of brains, he would have done all he could to shorten the COVID pandemic.  Instead he tried to get us all to ignore it, and in the process he made it a lot longer, increasing the damage and prolonging the misery.

All the reports I get show that we are in the THIRD wave, the third peak of the pandemic.  And that the next 30-60 days will be the worst time of the pandemic, worse than the initial wave.  This means Biden will inherit a high rate of new infections and new deaths.  Watch the Republicans try to blame him for 300,000-350,000 deaths!

But Biden will do what he can to END the pandemic.  He's lucky, he has four years where Trump only had one.  When we achieve 'herd immunity', hopefully through a vaccine, everything will come back to normal (except the stock market, which has never left normal!)

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

It's been a bear market for the last 20 years. I don't see that ever changing anytime soon thanks to inflation, debt and deficits.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.