Will God forgive me for lying?

I’ll admit, I’ve lied so much in my past but I asked God over and over again for forgiveness. Am I destined for hell or has God forgiven me?

• Doug
    Favorite Answer

There is no sin that is too great for God to forgive. The moment you believe in Jesus Christ alone to save you, ALL of your sins (past, present, and future) are completely forgiven (Acts 10:43). Jesus is God and He loves you infinitely!

The truth is that death leads to heaven or hell, and the only way to heaven is through faith in Jesus Christ.

The Bible is very clear that no one can earn their way to heaven since good works do not pay for sins. See Gal. 2:16, Rom. 3:23-28, 4:4-5, Eph. 2:8-9, Tit. 3:5. The only way to heaven is by believing in Jesus for His free gift of eternal life. Jesus shed His blood on the cross as the full payment for our sins. He did all the work; all He requires of us is that we believe in Him. Once you believe in Jesus Christ to save you, you are secure forever!

Because we have all sinned against a perfectly holy and righteous God, we all deserve eternal separation from God in hell (Rom. 6:23). However, God loves us so much that He sent His only Son Jesus to die on the cross as our Substitute so we don't have to go to hell. Christ died for our sins, was buried, and rose from the grave three days later (1 Cor. 15:3-4). He gives eternal life freely to anyone who simply believes in Him for it. No one can be saved by doing good works. Salvation is by grace alone through faith alone in Christ alone (Eph. 2:8-9).

"Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath everlasting life" (John 6:47).

Yes ; but you can only forgive yourself if you decide to obey all of Jesus' sayings .

If you repent, stop.

WE NEED TO OVERCOME OUR SINFUL NATURE AND THE ONLY WAY IS WITH THE HELP OF THE HOLY SPIRIT.

God lives and loves to forgive when we genuinely repent.

Matthew 3:8 — Prove by the way you live that you have repented of your sins and turned to God.

Luke 3:8 — Prove by the way you live that you have repented of your sins and turned to God. Don’t just say to each other, ‘We’re safe, for we are descendants of Abraham.’ That means nothing, for I tell you, God can create children of Abraham from these very stones.

Ezekiel 18:21-23 — If wicked people turn away from all their sins and begin to obey my decrees and do what is just and right, they will surely live and not die. All their past sins will be forgotten, and they will live because of the righteous things they have done. “Do you think that I like to see wicked people die? says the Sovereign LORD. Of course not! I want them to turn from their wicked ways and live.

Ezekiel 18:32 — I don’t want you to die, says the Sovereign LORD. Turn back and live!

When we ask GOD to forgive of our misdeeds with sincerity, then surely GOD promise to listen and forgive us by compensating with performing of  goodness, one sin consider as one sin but one goodness would be rewarded with ten folds. GOD is all forgiving the most Merciful. 

You have sinned just like everybody has sinned.  To be in heaven and to avoid hell, believe in the Lord Jesus Christ.  That simple.  Death leads to heaven or hell.  The Lord Jesus Christ is God, who died on the cross and shed His blood to pay for all of our sins in full, and then Jesus was buried, and then Jesus resurrected from the dead.  Nothing you could do will ever pay for any of your sins.  Jesus already paid for all of our sins with His death on the cross and His shed blood, and then Jesus resurrected from the dead.  So the only way to get into heaven and avoid hell, is by believing in the Lord Jesus Christ, without adding any of your own works.  See Romans 4:5.  It is too late for you to be saved, after death.