My car got possessed today. How can i get it back if i dont have the money?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Bill
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Contact your lender and see if they will make an arrangement where you can pay off the Repo cost as an extra fee with your regular payments.   This may work if you can convince them you are still capable of meeting the payments.

• 1 month ago

You can't.  The ONLY way to get the car is to have the money.  

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Most will usually give it back if you can cough up the amount you are behind plus towing & storage.  But there is a limited amount of time before the car goes to auction. They will work with you if you call them and can pay some and have a plan to pay all. You wont get the car back until you catch up. 

And the term is REPOSSESED.

Selling the car at auction is not what any lender wants to do. Similarly they do not want to repo a car. You left them no choice.

• Scott
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

You can't. It got repossessed because you didn't make your loan payment. The only way you can fix this is to pay the lender money.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

Without money - you can't.

You need to repay the amount you were behind - plus a bunch of BS fees that they would have added onto it for the towing of the vehicle.

And suspicious salt is right - even if you never get the vehicle back - the loan company will charge you for any amount that they don't recover from selling your vehicle - and it could include even more fees.  

(Example - if you owe $10,000 on the vehicle and they add another $2,000 in fees for a total of $12,000 - and then they sell the vehicle for $3,000 - they will bill you for the other $9,000 and you would be legal obligated to pay.)

Depending on your exact situation - it might be time to consider bankruptcy.  

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.